Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Psalm 77 & 78 and Remembering God


Psalm 78
v 4-8
We will not hide them from their children,
but tell to the coming generation
the glorious deeds of the LORD, and his might,
and the wonders that he has done.
He established a testimony in Jacob
and appointed a law in Israel,
which he commanded our fathers
to teach to their children,
that the next generation might know them,
the children yet unborn,
and arise and tell them to their children,
o that they should set their hope in God
and not forget the works of God,
but keep his commandments;
and that they should not be like their fathers,
a stubborn and rebellious generation,
a generation whose heart was not steadfast,
whose spirit was not faithful to God.

Psalm 77
v 2-3, 10-14
...In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord;
in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying;
my soul refuses to be comforted…
When I remember God, I moan;
when I meditate, my spirit faints...
Then I said, “I will appeal to this,
to the years of the right hand of the Most High.”
I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
I will ponder all your work,
and meditate on your mighty deeds.
Your way, O God, is holy.
What god is great like our God?
You are the God who works wonders;
you have made known your might among the peoples.



Oh LORD! Thank you for Psalms. Thank you for all those years ago when David walked the earth and wrote all of them down. What an amazing testimony and story for us to live by- to have someone else write their heart out for us to see, for you to be all the more glorified. Two of these psalms just grew a little deeper into my heart. For one, it is that in times of distress, we just REMEMBER You, and our spirits are strengthened. And since HOly Spirit is with us and within us, he even helps us remember You. We remember You, Yahweh, the God of old, the Creator, sovereign over all, alpha and omega who breathed life and IT WAS. We remember you all throughout human history, from when life was perfect with Man and God until Adam sinned and then the thousands of years of sinfulness with no grace, no Savior to make it right. And then HE CAME. The Perfect One, the perfect Lamb who was without blemish, who was sacrificed on our behalf to be reconciled to You. And we remember Jesus in all HIs glory, His glory that we know by the Word and HIs glory that we see raging today. We remember what it felt like to finally be free, to be ALIVE in Him, to be who we were really meant to be. Until Jesus, we were stuck in muck and myre, addicted to sin, unable to get right with God. Jesus, we remember that in You, we are soaked in Your blood, which is the grace that allows us to live in righteousness, in holiness, no longer bound to sinfulness, RIGHT with God, and able to live as Adam and Eve did in the beginning. Though the world is evil, we live righteously in You, because we are rooted in You, abiding in You, BRANCHES THAT STEM FROM THE TRUE VINE, we live from You and are an EXTENSION of You. 

I remember You God. I remember how I wanted to please others, to be accepted by friends and family. I remember how I would TRY to be a good person and show you I was a good person by what I did. I remember living in Romans 7, I did what I didn't want to do and I was stuck. It took so much renewing of my mind, and You carved and carved away, oh good Potter and You have made me beautiful. You have broken those chains, the chains of sin, of religion, of fear of man, and You have made a woman who radiates Jesus, and who is still learning, still hungry every single day for every part of my being to be drowning and completely soaked in Jesus, oozing Jesus, bleeding Jesus, speaking Jesus, loving like Jesus, becoming just like Jesus. 

I remember You God. 

I remember how you gave me this man, I remember watching You carve him and mold him and hollow him out so that You could fill him with more You. I remember when he started LEADING me to You. I remember those hard times that you used Him to speak truth to me. I remember when I did that bad thing, but You were glorified when I confessed and understood grace because he told me I was covered in You. I remember all the times when our flesh was murdered and You were victorious over our sinful nature. I remember when you united us, bonded us, became one with us and made us like you- Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I remember being so full of joy and thanksgiving for the oneness that I got on my knees and cried to you right on the side of the road. I remember when I realized what an absolute gift you were giving us when you made Korah. I remember all the times You provided when we were in need. I remember how you have renewed our minds again and again, drawing us deeper and deeper and closer and closer. I remember moving in to the Chadwick house and that one night of prayer around a fire and lighting the house on Fire. I remember when you first started Agape Home. 

I remember You God. I remember how You move, how You love us. 

And I am filled with peace and joy, and I am moved to love as You love. 
Thank you God for making us. 
Thank you God for loving us. 
Thank you God for sending Jesus.
Thank you God for sending Holy Spirit. 
Thank you God for entrusting us with Your mission.

Be glorified my God and King, Jesus. 



No comments: